If you ride your bike to campus, you have probably seen many other students cycling to class, as well. Because ASU is a haven for students on bikes, unfortunately it’s also a bike thieves’ playground.
In other blog posts, I have recommended ways to protect your bike from theft, but a simple way to document that your bike belongs to you – is to register it with ASU. It only takes a few minutes to enter your bike’s information and ensures you have proof that your bike is yours!
To register your bike with ASU:
- Visit https://cfo.asu.edu/bike-regform
- Enter your information and bike’s serial number
- Upload a photo of your bike
- Add any distinguishing features of your bike
- EXAMPLE: My bike has a pink bell, white basket and a zebra striped seat.
If for some reason you need to report your bike stolen, this information will be very helpful in trying to locate it and get it returned to you. Trying to recall exactly what your bike looked like or the serial number could be difficult after the fact. Help yourself out and register your bike! Good luck cyclists!